These delicious Fish Cakes are great for Summer…
1 small clove of garlic, finely grated
1 small knob of ginger, finely grated
1 small bunch of coriander, finely chopped
½ Spanish/red onion, finely chopped
1 cup of seasoned stuffing breadcrumbs (can be gluten-free) plus ½ cup extra to coat the fish cakes before refrigerating
1 tin of tuna (springwater or oil – oil seems to keep the fish cakes more moist and holds together better in the pan)
Salt & Peper to taste
Good squeeze of lemon juice.
(you could also be adventurous and add a small chilli to give it some zing)
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl thoroughly (I glove up for this as it can be messy).
2. Take approx. 1 to 2 tablespoons of mixture (depending on how big you like your cakes) and make into a tight ball.
3. Place fish cake in extra breadcrumbs to coat and refrigerate for approx. 1 hour, this helps all ingredients to bind and for the flavours to infuse.
4. In good oil cook on medium heat until golden brown on both sides approx. 5-8 minutes each side.
5. Serve with a fresh garden salad, lemon wedges, plus homemade guacamole and a good aioli.