Here’s another great Summer Recipe…
Banana, Pineapple, & Apple Cake
3 medium bananas, mashed
½ fresh pineapple, chopped into small pieces
1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored & chopped into small pieces
2 cups organic plain flour
1 cup spelt flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 ½ cups of oil (this keeps it moist)
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of bi-carb soda
1 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat oven at 350 F or 175 C
- Beat the eggs, bananas, pineapple, apple, flours, sugars, oil, vanilla, bi-carb and stir thoroughly. Simple! My kids love doing this part.
- (You can also be adventurous and add ½ cup of shredded coconut for a different taste, or experiment with orange, lemon & lime combinations of fruit.)
- Bake for 60 minutes in a greased and floured loaf pan.
- Decorate with a healthy frosting, serve with cream or simply dust with icing sugar and serve.