As the weather heats up I am on the hunt for light, fresh recipes to try at home with my family. The other day I came across the idea for a Raw, Lavender and Lemon Cheesecake and decided to create my own – it was DIVINE! Sure, on first glance this recipe sounds a bit ‘fancy’ therefore difficult, however it was very quick and simple to make.
Making the Crust…
1/2 cup of Dates
1 and 1/2 cups of Walnuts and Almonds (mixed)
Note: If you aren’t a fan of Walnuts or Almonds feel free to substitute for other nuts.
1. Place wax paper inside your cake pan.
2. Blend or mix dates and nuts together until you get a rough, sticky mixture that you can pat down with your hands into the bottom of the cake pan, then do so.
3. Set in fridge.
Making the Cheesecake…
Please use Certified Organic wherever possible.
3 cups of Cashews (preferably soaked for 3-4 hours)
3/4 cup of Lemon Juice
2/3 cup of Maple Syrup (or Honey if you aren’t vegan)
3/4 cup of Melted Coconut Oil
1 tsp of Sea Salt
1-3 tsp of Dried Lavender (this depends on how much you like lavender, add more or less depending on your palate)
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1. Blend all ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
2. Pour onto crust in that is already in the cake pan and set in fridge overnight.
3. Once set to your liking, gently remove the cheesecake from the pan (hold onto the wax paper and lift) slice and enjoy!
. . . . .
Yours in Health,
(Bach. Chiropractic, Bach. App Clinical Science
Registered internationally, no longer practicing as a chiropractor in Australia.)
. . . . .
PHOTO CREDIT: Via @thelittlepickers (Instagram)